Monday, May 26, 2008

Lucky U

I made this card with so much LOVE! I made it for my little sister (even though she is 20) because she is going to study abroad in Seville, Spain for a month. I am soooo proud of her for making her dreams come true! The challenge for this week over on the BBTB was to use the word "Lucky" from Alphalicious. Be sure to check out all the amazing things the girls did over on the BBTB blog!

I wanted to use some fabric that I had gotten at J's so I cut a strip and stitched it onto the base of the card. I made a butterfly with WIMG, stickled it, liquid glassed the middle, and added some rhinestones. I used one of the scalloped accents from AE to give the butterfly an accent. The copper brad is from my LSS (I forgot who makes it) and the ribbon is from Sweet Sassy. I made the "U" out of fabric-covered chipboard using the Cuttlebug Red Tag. And my DSIL (thank you!) added the Swarovski crystals on the fabric piece!!! I used the recently discovered feature on my sewing machine to stitch around the front of the envelope, the word "sister" was done with AMU, and the accents are from AE.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

5 comments:

TERIBERI'S CREATIONS said...

DSIL........your work is SPECTACULAR!!!!! I love all the detail on this card and envelope. There is that fabulous stitching - it makes such a difference. You are more than welcome for the crystals DSIL - for you..... anything :o) Love ya girl!!
Hugs, T

Sharon Caudle said...

Holy smokes girl, this is fanfreakingtastic! I LOVE it!!!! I love every detail (of which there are many!). You rock!!!

Regina Easter said...

ivy, i was so glad to see you do this card and envelope, it is amazing...i tried to leave a message on the cricut site, but that darn thing wouldn't work...yikesssssssss

michelle said...

Ivy you have outdone yourself with this one it is amazing !! awesome work girl love it !!!

DeeDee said...

Oooohhh....Aaaaahhhh!!! I love this Ivy....the stitching is just so cool and that butterfly with it's "trail" is the BEST!!!